Advertise    Write for Us

Vectorboom

Newb needs help with live trace - Illustrator Forum

New messages / Members / Forum rules / Search / RSS
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: jaroslav  
Illustrator Forum » Questions » Vector Graphics » Newb needs help with live trace (taking scanned images into AI and I've forgotten the process)
Newb needs help with live trace
lesterthejesterDate: Friday, 2016 Feb 26, 14:28 | Message # 1
Group: Human
I'm using PS and AI CS5

This is a newb here so keep it civil please! 

I want to take my scanned sketches into AI so I can use the 'live trace' function to smooth them out and vectorise them.  I used to do this all the time a couple of years ago but I've forgotten the process, does anyone know?  It went something like this: 

I'd scan them, >bring them into photoshop > then do something,> change the file format and >somehow bring them into AI.

From there I recall needing to >select the white background and > ungroup it from the lines.  Then > I'd use the 'live trace' function.

The problems I'm having are that AI doesn't seem to recognise the file formats PS saves in (except pdf) and I can't seem to cut & paste as I get an error 'cannot export clipboard because it is too large' and when I'm in AI I can't remember how to select things let alone how to separate the line drawings from the background - I can't even see the 'live trace function'.  It's like forgetting how to ride a bike. 

Anyone able to help?  It'd be much appreciated!!

sarahemiDate: Saturday, 2018 Jun 09, 04:03 | Message # 2
Group: Human
same issue i am facing.please help

Illustrator Forum » Questions » Vector Graphics » Newb needs help with live trace (taking scanned images into AI and I've forgotten the process)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Subscribe Now!
RSS feed twitter
Username
Password
Recent Consultations
How to Apply Different Rounding Radiuses to the Corners in Illustrator
How to Considerably Reduce the Source EPS File Size in Illustrator?
How to Create an Abstract Background in Adobe Illustrator
How to Create a CD Cover Design in Adobe Illustrator
How to Create Search Files Icon in Adobe Illustrator