Advertise    Write for Us

Vectorboom

Question on joining paths to create a shape - Illustrator Forum

New messages / Members / Forum rules / Search / RSS
Page 1 of 11
Forum moderator: jaroslav 
Illustrator Forum » Questions » Vector Graphics » Question on joining paths to create a shape (path and shape creation)
Question on joining paths to create a shape
Hive_MindDate: Sunday, 2015 Jul 19, 01:43 | Message # 1
Group: Human
Hey everyone, right now I'm working on a project and I needed to join paths, but nothing seems to work. I wanted a rounded bump with sloping sides so I used three ellipses and deleted the two outer ones leaving their curved edges. But for some reason no matter what I select in the pathfinder I can't make it one solid shape, I would then join that shape with the border and it's be perfect. Alas the sloping parts fill OUTSIDE. Any advice on this?

Also, something I never figured out: When typing how do I get to another tool or end the typing segment without manually going and clicking another tool? Same with the pen tool, whenever I'm done if it's not a closed shape and just a path I don't know how to end the path without manually selecting the pointer...

Thanks peeps.
Attachments: 0086371.png(22Kb)

Illustrator Forum » Questions » Vector Graphics » Question on joining paths to create a shape (path and shape creation)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Subscribe Now!
RSS feed twitter
Username
Password
Recent Consultations
What to do when you want to become  illustrator and do not know what to begin with
Wacom Cintiq 24 HD Touch review when used with Adobe Illustrator